Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fromagerie.

Oh God, fresh baguettes. Nothing is better. NOTHING.



I have French bakeries both behind and in front of my apartment building so you can imagine how often I buy baguettes. Often. But one fine day I decided to throw a few things together and make one of the best little lunches I've ever had. (So good that the ingredients are in my fridge right now and awaiting consumption.)

So, cut open your baguette(s) and lay as much as you want of them open side up on a cookie sheet.



Gruyère. Grate as much as you see fit. There is never enough.



Then, leeks. Leeks are underrated by most and forgotten by many. Even half the cashiers at groceries stores have no idea what they are. You should start incorporating leeks into your life right now.

First, chop up and sauté the leeks in butter (or oil, if you roll that way- though I don't understand it) until they are soft. Add salt and pepper. Then let them cool in the bowl while you cut up the other ingredients.



Parsley and onion. You could use shallots or a different kind of onion, I just threw it what I like.
Once the leeks are cool, fold in the onions and parsley and then the cheese until it's all one big bowl of love.

Pile it onto the bread. Broil in the oven for a few minutes, as soon as it reaches the melted/golden/browned point that you desire.

And then... ugh just eat it all.



I'll be in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment